Monday 12 April 2010

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer: my review




Description: Isabella Swan's move to Forks, a small, perpetually rainy town in Washington, could have been the most boring move she ever made. But once she meets the mysterious and alluring Edward Cullen, Bella's life takes a thrilling and terrifying turn. Up until now, Edward has managed to keep his vampire identity a secret in the small community he lives in, but now nobody is safe, especially Bella, the person Edward holds most dear. The lovers find themselves balanced precariously on the point of a knife—between desire and danger. Deeply romantic and extraordinarily suspenseful, Twilight captures the struggle between defying our instincts and satisfying our desires. This is a love story with bite.

My review: I went into reading this book with an open mind, I'm not really into the whole vampire genre, but I was recommended to read this series of books by a fellow mum at the school. She said it's not as vampire and fangy as you might think and it'll make you feel like you're a teenager again. Just the sort of thing I wanted, some light reading, not too heavy and not too 'gory'.

Well, I think it may just be possible that I've fallen in love with a vampire called Edward Cullen! Yes, even a thirty, odd, year old married mum of three can fall for a seventeen year old (give or take a few centuries) vampire with gorgeous amber eyes. The story reeled me in with the attraction between the star crossed lovers, Bella Swan and Edward Cullen. A great light read with good twists and turns and I really was routing for the lovestruck teens all the way through. I really enjoyed it, I wouldn't say it's for the 'serious fang lovers' out there, it is light reading aimed at the teen/young adult reader, but if you're older and want a nice light read with a bit of teenage romance, rather than the 'full on' sort of thing you get in more 'adult' books, then I think you may well enjoy it. Well done Stephenie Meyer, look forward to reading the rest of the Twilight series!!

Stephenie Meyers website can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment